In the run up to the launch of Train Simulator 2014 (launched last week on 26th September), RailSimulator.com asked us to help them create a new community website to replace their existing blog.
The new website is built around an article system, allowing visitors to sign up and submit their own articles. The best articles are then displayed on the site for everyone to enjoy.
The site also features:
- Custom Home Page meaning users can select their favourite train topics and the site will use their preferences to display the most appropriate articles
- User Profile Pages allowing users to share their activity and display their Train Simulator in-game achievements
- Reading List for users to save their favourite articles
- Gamification allowing users to create, share and comment on articles to earn virtual points
- Have Your Say page for users to share their thoughts (see it here)
The closed beta version of the site was a huge success with over 700 users signing up to review the site before its final launch. A few cool stats from the Beta period include:
- Over 700,000 page views
- An average 6 page views from users during their visit
- An average visitor duration of 5 minutes
Now the site is live it is already approaching 1000 new members, and with more exciting updates planned it is full steam ahead for Engine Driver.
Top work by all the Techdept team and particular ‘hat tips’ for Jack, Rick, Chris F, Dave and Dan.Find this interesting?