This position has now been filled.
Think you’d be a good fit at Techdept? Send us your CV and we’ll keep you in mind for any future vacancies.
Our studio team is passionate about delivering world class work for amazing clients. We’re on the lookout for a super-bright, highly skilled and motivated Senior Developer to join us in our Sheffield HQ.
We act as a tech special ops team for a range of different clients. That means we work on a wide range of technically challenging projects.
This includes work for brands like BBC Children in Need, WWF and Microsoft, plus some of the most creative agencies in the world like adam&eveDDB. And we partner with investors to turn their startups into scaleups. Our work is often international (see examples at www.techdept.co.uk).
We’re just embarking on an exciting new phase of our company, and need an ambitious technologist to help match our ambitions. We have a very open company culture, and want active participants in shaping how we do things.
Your personal qualities should include
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly organised
- Passionate about tech
- Forward thinking
- Fast learner
- Great problem solver
- Used to an agency team environment
will include (but not be limited to)
- Handling the full development life cycle from planning to delivery
- Handling ongoing work vs budgets and timings
- Working closely with the Head of Development to mentor and drive standards across the studio team
- Technical specification of new projects with internal client services teams
- Accurate time estimation vs job spec
- Research and development of new tech and ideas
- Liaising with external technical contacts
- Experienced of working with external teams an advantage
Essential technical skills:
- Net MVC/Web API (5+ Years)
- AngularJs (2+ Years)
- Entity Framework (Code First)
- Mid-level knowledge of HTML5, CSS3
- Code debugging, optimization and performance
- Excellent analytical skills
- Defining requirements/writing technical specifications
- Accurate time estimation vs specification
- Dev ops (Hosting, domain management and server setup/configuration)
Desirable technical skills:
- Experience using CMS (e.g. Umbraco/Orchard/Sitecore/Other)
- .Net Core (Asp.Net 5 / MVC6 / EF Core)
- Angular 2
- WebGl (three.js/babylyon/other)
- Azure Cloud Hosting and services
- No SQL Databases
- Mobile app development (Cordova/Xamarin)
- Unit/Integration testing
- Performance/load testing
- Experience with other development stacks
Our business has a clear set of Values, which you would need to demonstrate:
We aim to be extremely collaborative in how we operate. We run what we call ‘The Open Business System’ which aims to engage all staff in the operations of the business.
We’re a small digital service business, HQ’d in Sheffield but with a staffed office in London. We offer a range of digital services to mainly large companies like Microsoft, NBC Universal and BBC Children in Need.
2016 is an important year as we are starting a new and ambitious strategy. You can learn more about the thinking here.
Our niche is that we are somewhere between marketing and IT, with a set of skills that help people innovate with new tech. We describe ourselves as a “tech special ops team” and we often do exciting ‘special projects’ that have never been done before. Our mission is to be The World’s A-Team of Tech.
We are in the super-cool Electric Works building in central Sheffield (and the super-cool Second Home in London) with a great fun office environment (and a 3 story slide!).
We have Friday beers, regular nights out, and a monthly team lunch. Our team are dedicated, personable and super-talented.
This year we were identified as one of the top 20 digital agencies in the UK by The Drum magazine (Europe’s biggest marketing web site). We were also voted into the top 100 agencies in the UK for 2016 by The Recommended Agency Register.
Staff development is very important to us, and in addition to an annual Personal Development Plan we hold 6 weekly 1-to-1’s to focus on how to best develop your career with us.
£based on experience
Electric Works, Sheffield. Situated beside the train station and bus station.
Email email@example.com with your CV and salary expectations.
No recruiters! Repeat, no recruiters!
Find this interesting?