This position has now been filled.
Think you’d be a good fit at Techdept? Send us your CV and we’ll keep you in mind for any future vacancies.
Our studio team is passionate about delivering world class work for amazing clients. We’re on the lookout for a super-bright, highly organised and motivated Studio Manager to join us in a pivotal role at our Sheffield HQ.
We act as a ‘Tech Special Ops’ team for a range of different clients. That means we work on a wide range of technically challenging projects, across a range of disciplines.
This includes work for brands like BBC Children in Need, WWF, Microsoft, and some of the most creative agencies in the world like adam&eveDDB. We also partner with investors to turn their startups into scaleups. Our work is often international.
We also make our own products (see tidybrand.com).
We’re just embarking on an exciting new phase of our company, and need a highly organised and resourceful Studio Manager to underpin our growth.
We have a very open company culture, and want an active participant in the future of our company.
We want a motivated, highly organised and proactive Studio Manager – based in our Sheffield office.
You’ll be a stickler for detail and able to spot problems a mile off. You’ll prioritise quickly and pragmatically, taking conflicting requests into account to ensure all our deadlines are hit and our clients stay happy.
This is a pivotal role within the business and you will be working with colleagues across the company to manage our entire Studio output. Your shrewd judgement and ability to sidestep problems before they begin will help keep things on track.
You will report into the General Manager, and work with the Head of Development and Head of UX to keep everything running smoothly in Studio.
Your affinity with both internal and external resource will help Techdept to scale up rapidly, while maintaining our high standards, as we take advantage of all the amazing opportunities that come our way.
You will help us work smarter, not harder, to achieve this.
will include but not be limited to:
- Maintaining a well-planned schedule, handling work requests efficiently and ensuring focus and clarity in Studio at all times
- Overseeing a happy, motivated Studio team operating as a single unit – all showing leadership and growing within their roles.
- Maintaining an open and collaborative relationship with the whole Techdept team – working together to ensure all projects hit agreed deadlines and specifications, within budget
- Resource planning and outsourcing – establishing and nurturing great relationships with trusted third party suppliers, to act as “staff on demand” as we scale up
- Maintaining our Standards on all projects, both internally and externally. Contributing to the refinement / evolution of these Standards.
- Showing resourcefulness and pragmatism to intelligently deviate from process if required by circumstances – things happen, and we (and our clients) are not robots!
- Listening, reflecting and learning – highlighting operating issues, personal concerns, and championing process improvements
- Ensuring all management processes are followed, including Timesheeting, Personal Development Plans, regular 1 to 1s, and ongoing review of OKRs for the Studio team
Your personal qualities should include:
- Highly organised and focused on detail
- Forward thinking and proactive
- Pragmatic and collaborative
- Strong emotional intelligence
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Thrives in a fast paced and disciplined environment
- Planning and maintaining work schedules
- Managing internal teams
- Managing external suppliers
We aim to be extremely collaborative in how we operate – we want players not spectators.
Our business has a set of Mindsets which form how we approach our work, and what we expect of each other. You can see a full description of the Mindsets here.
- Be yourself
- Lean everything
- Constant progression
- Open & candid
- Extreme ownership
We’re a 20 strong digital service business, with headquarters in Sheffield and a staffed sales office in London. We offer a range of digital services to companies like Microsoft, NBC Universal and BBC Children in Need. 2016 is an important year as we are starting a new and ambitious strategy. You can learn more about the thinking here.
Our approach creates continuous improvement, transforming companies with tech. We run ‘Techdept Bootcamps’ rather than projects, focusing from the start on what we will improve. We then measure how much it has improved. Rinse, repeat.
We describe ourselves as a “tech special ops team” because we’re ever-ready, multi-disciplinary and focused on results.
Our mission is to improve a billion people’s understanding of tech. (BTW if you think that sounds nuts, then take a look at www.thetechoff.com – our platform to achieve that goal. This has been to Cannes Lions and will be at SXSW in 2017. We regularly get over 600 people at our London events.)
We are in the super-cool Electric Works building in central Sheffield (and the super-cool Second Home in London) with a great fun office environment (and a 3 story slide!). We have Friday beers, regular nights out, and a monthly team lunch. Our team are dedicated, personable and super-talented.
This year we were identified as one of the top 20 digital agencies in the UK by The Drum magazine (Europe’s biggest marketing web site). We were also voted into the top 100 agencies in the UK for 2016 by The Recommended Agency Register.
Your development is very important to us, and in addition to an annual Personal Development Plan we hold 6 weekly 1-to-1’s to focus on how to best develop your career. Your wellbeing is also important to us, and we are developing a Company Wellbeing plan which is launching January 2017.
Salary & benefits
£based on experience
Share option scheme after 1 year
Private medical insurance
Electric Works, Sheffield. Situated beside the train station and bus station.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and salary expectations.Find this interesting?