For several years now, The Tech Off® has been invigorating the world of tech industry events with a unique approach that has been described as ‘Ted Talks meets WWE’.
It’s a fast-paced and energetic event. Each brave contender has five minutes to talk about anything tech-related, before a baying crowd of tech lovers who ultimately decide the winner. It’s all down to whose ideas and performance are the most impressive on the night.
Beyond the signature London-based events, held in partnership with Glug, The Tech Off® has toured the world attending the likes of Cannes Lions, DMX Dublin, Eurobest and most recently the world-renowned SXSW festival in Austin, Texas.
But now it’s going completely global, with The Tech Off Video Showdown.
We’re giving anyone with a tech-related opinion (and irresistible delivery style) the chance to compete at our huge event in London on 27 September 2017.
Thanks to the wonders of YouTube, and our own handiwork at video.thetechoff.com, it’s YOUR chance to compete against the cream of tech talent, on stage in London, and take home the legendary Tech Off Belt of Digital Glory…
To enter, simply follow this failsafe procedure:
- Check you are over 18 years old.
- Record yourself talking about something tech-related – just check it’s not over 5 minutes long.
- Upload your video to YouTube, making sure #TheTechOff is included in your video title.
- Tell your friends, family and passers-by to Like your video on YouTube (or via thetechoff.com) – the top 10 most-Liked videos will go in front of the final judging panel who decide the ultimate winner.
The competition is open now and entries will be allowed up to 2 June 2017 – but the sooner you enter, the better your chances of getting enough Likes to make the top 10.
Remember, it’s got to be fresh, inventive and entertaining. Be impassioned, be inspiring, or just have a good old rant. If you’re not sure how to pitch things, watch this for an idea of what goes down when Techdept and Glug present The Tech Off.
The overall Video Showdown champion will win:
- A guaranteed place to compete on The Tech Off® stage at Cargo Nightclub on 27thSeptember 2017
- Travel and 3 nights hotel accommodation up to a maximum value of £2000.
So whether you’re in Paris, Sydney or Outer Mongolia, we’ll get you to London for an unforgettable experience. The Video Showdown winner will be announced on 23rd June 2017.Find this interesting?